Looking to unwind? The Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Resort is the answer. Many people have found that travelling is an effective stress reliever. It has also helped people find peace of mind and time to relax with loved ones. However, since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, travelling both locally and internationally, unfortunately, has been more difficult – but still possible.
It has likely been a while since you’ve gone on vacation, so today, I’d like to take you to the beautiful and luxurious Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort in French Polynesia to show you why I strongly recommend this resort and what you can expect from the island of Moorea.
Moorea is a volcanic island in French Polynesia’s Society Islands, located in the middle South Pacific Ocean. Being the second largest of the Windward Islands, Moorea is only 12 miles northwest of Tahiti, making it a wonderful alternative to Bora Bora due to its close proximity to Pape’ete, with only a 30-35 minute ferry ride from Tahiti to Moorea. Moorea is more cost-effective and a very convenient location compared to some of the other islands. The island is stunning, offering you a magnificent lagoon and a chance to explore the lush mountainous interior.
Sitting on the longest and most beautiful white-sand beach of Moorea, lies the Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort. The resort is composed of 113 luxurious bungalows, of which 39 are overwater bungalows. The lagoon surrounding the resort is a marine preserve so there is no motorized boat traffic. You can enjoy peaceful and excellent snorkelling right off the beach or your overwater bungalow.
Since there are many locals residing in Moorea, it offers you a chance to get a taste of the local life. Enjoy visiting restaurants, shops, and other activities that will help you feel more connected to the mountains, lagoon, island and local Polynesians. It is a great place to vacation during this pandemic since almost everything is outdoors, and like all the islands of Tahiti. They are never crowded.
Chic Accommodations of Sofitel Moorea
- Hotel Accommodation – Sofitel Moorea’s hotel is one of the best hotels in Moorea. There are three options for the land category: Garden, Oceanfront, or Beach to suit everyone’s taste and budget
- Sofitel Moorea Luxury Overwater Bungalows – Available in 4 categories are highly sought after with luxurious amenities like Hermes bath products and direct access to the incredible lagoon.
- Sophisticated Food & Beverage – You can chill and relax with your friends in Sofitel Moorea’s 2 restaurants and 2 bars (outdoors and indoors). Enjoy the Sofitel Moorea beach bar or the main bar, you can relax and have entertainment like Polynesian shows, ukelele players acoustic guitarists, and Polynesian dancers. Romantic options are also available, like a private dinner on the beach, couple’s massages, and other in-room romantic setups.
- Entertainment – Includes Polynesian shows, live music, and special events.
- Sofitel Moorea Spa – Le Jardin – The relaxing spa surrounded by tropical plants and greenery. You will find a wide variety of relaxing treatments and products including local Polynesian experiences.
The Treasures of Moorea
In terms of natural beauty, Moorea rivals neighbouring Tahiti and Bora Bora, with a vibrant blue lagoon, foliage-covered mountains, and mesmerizing white-sand beaches. These picture-perfect destinations around the island make Moorea an ideal place for a variety of activities.
A few activities we can arrange for your Moorea travel include:
- Lagoon Excursion
- Swimming with Sharks and Sting Rays
- Golfing Moorea’s International Golf Course
- Snorkelling and Diving
- ATV Tour
- 4WD Tour
- Private Boat Tours
- Scuba Diving
- Swimming with Humpback Whales
- Dolphin watching
Moorea is a beautiful island, isn’t it? I hope this post has helped you visualize the stunning views in the Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort and Moorea itself. If you’re looking for a more in-depth look at the Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort, check out my video below: