CoronaVirus COVID-19 – Travel Ban to French Polynesia
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 French Polynesia has closed its borders to travellers. The resorts are currently all closed and most have an anticipated opening date of July, August and September however this is going to be determined by the government regulations.
Existing Bookings – If you have travels booked through myself please contact me with any questions if I have not yet been in touch. We can work on changing your dates to a later date for any imminent travels.
Future Bookings – if you are looking to plan a future trip to Tahiti and her Islands please reach out to me. Tahiti is always a destination that is best booked at least 6 – 12 months in advance so I am happy to continue working with you on future travels. I am currently planning 2021 vacations for clients if you are looking to book ahead.
Additional Updates – if you would like some of my more current updates and thoughts on the opening of the islands, I am often giving an update on Instagram TV (IGTV) if you look for my ‘Walk and Talk Tahiti’ Series – click here
LATEST GOVERNMENT UPDATE AS OF APRIL 27TH
Papeete, May 20, 2020
Lockdown lifted in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020
After two months of lockdown and following the improvement of the health situation, the authorities declared the end of lockdown in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020:
- Access to the territory for all non-residents of French Polynesia is still suspended (since March 18, 2020), until further notice. Commercial flights will be resumed following specific regulations which will be announced in 15 days.
- Domestic flights will start their operations from May 22nd, with Air Tahiti flights serving only 10 islands: Huahine, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Rangiroa, Tikehau, Fakarava, Rurutu, Tubuai, Nuku Hiva and Hiva Oa.
- Sailing yachts which have been welcomed in overcrowded mooring areas must leave and resume their trip.
- All companies and administrations will resume their activities.
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs will resume their activities under usual conditions.
TENTATIVE HOTEL REOPENING DATES
*Please note these may change but are current as of May 25, 2020
- Intercontinental Hotels (Tahiti & Bora Bora) : closure is extended to June 30th, 2020.
- Intercontinental Moorea : Permanently closed
- Conrad Bora Bora Nui : closure is extended to July 31st, 2020.
- Pearl Resorts (Tahiti, Taha’a, Tikehau & Nuku Hiva) : closure is extended to July 14th, 2020.
- Bora Bora Pearl Resort & Spa : closure is extended until July 26th, 2020.
- Four Seasons Bora Bora : closure extended to June 30th, 2020.
- The St. Regis Bora Bora : closure is extended to August 01st, 2020.
- Le Méridien Bora Bora : closure is extended to July 31st, 2020.
- Manava Hotels (Tahiti & Moorea) : closure is extended to June 30th, 2020.
- Sofitel Hotels (Tahiti, Moorea & Bora Bora Private Island) : closure is extended until June 30th, 2020.
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort : closure is extended until the end of the year
- Vahine Island : is opened since May 15th, 2020.
- Kia Ora : closure is extended to June 30th, 2020.