Designed specifically to glide in luxury through the shallow seas of the South Pacific, The Gauguin is a small-ship cruiser’s dream. She delivers travelers to intimate ports inaccessible to larger cruise ships, all the while providing a travel experience that is nothing short of luxurious. Once on board, guests enjoy newly-decorated spacious suites and staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, three dining venues, an extensive spa, and five-star service. Life on The Gauguin also reflects the beauty and rich cultural heritage of the islands she calls upon, with a warm, friendly feel, informal setting, and even a beloved troupe of Les Gauguin and Les Gauguines—local Tahitians who serve as onboard hosts and hostesses, entertainers, and storytellers.
Capacity: 330 guests
Crew-to-Guest Ratio: 1:1.5, one of the highest of any luxury cruise ship
Officers: European and International
Registry: Wallis and Futuna
Shipyard: Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint Nazaire, France)
Length: 504 feet
Width: 72 feet
Draft: 17.1 feet
Tonnage: 19,200 tons
Maximum speed: 18 knots
Passenger decks: 7
Call letters: C6TH9
Propulsion System: Diesel electric
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies, measuring from 200 to 500 sq. ft., including balcony
- Butler service, in-suite bar setup, and iPod® music system in suite/stateroom category B and above
- A choice of three dining venues
- Complimentary 24-hour room service, including selections from L’Etoile restaurant during regular dining hours
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beer, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards, dining and bar staff
- Full entertainment program including Polynesian artists, musical entertainment, and a pianist
- Spa and beauty services, including hand and foot treatments, body treatments, facials, and spa programs
- Optional PADI SCUBA diving program and certification
- Watersports marina for complimentary kayaking and paddleboarding, and Zodiacs® for optional dive excursions
- A day at Motu Mahana, Paul Gauguin Cruises’ exclusive retreat off the coast of Taha’a, featuring Polynesian hospitality, snorkeling, watersports, bar service, and a delicious feast
- Access to the exclusive, private beach located on a motu off the coast of Bora Bora, which offers an idyllic white-sand beach, excellent snorkeling, and bar service on French Polynesia itineraries
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Presentations by local naturalists and a variety of special guests
- Spacious outdoor decks and pool
- La Boutique duty-free shop
- Book library (open 24 hours a day)
- Laundry services available
- Certified medical services
- 165 suites/staterooms on Decks 3-8, including one wheelchair-accessible stateroom and select staterooms that can accommodate three guests
Click on deckplan images for details.
• Denotes stateroom with two twin beds that convert to a queen. Stateroom 801 offers a king-size bed.
+ Denotes stateroom with triple occupancy.
Note: Loveseat beds are slightly smaller than a standard twin bed.
Stateroom 415 is wheelchair accessible.
Suites and staterooms range from 200 to 588 square feet. This measurement includes balconies and verandas in categories D and above.